March 12, 2014 Leave a comment
The deadline for Digital Preservation 2014 proposal submissions is quickly approaching. Digital Preservation 2014 will be held July 22-24 in the Washington, DC area. The annual summer meeting brings together the broad, diverse digital preservation and stewardship community to share achievements in the areas of technical infrastructure, innovation, content collection, standardization, and outreach and education efforts.
They are looking for your ideas, accomplishments, and project updates that highlight, contribute to, and advance the community dialog. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Scientific data and other content at risk of obsolescence, and what methods, techniques, and tools are being deployed to mitigate risk
- Innovative methods of digital preservation, especially regarding sustainable practices, community approaches, and software solutions
- Collaboration successes and lessons learned highlighting a wide-range of digital preservation activities, such as best practices, open source solutions, project management techniques, and emerging tools
- Practical examples of research and scholarly use of stewarded data or content
- Educational trends for emerging and practicing professionals