Data Curation Research Paper Competition
March 3, 2014 Leave a comment
ICPSR invites original student submissions for a research paper competition on the topic of data curation. Archiving and sharing research data has received significant public attention. This competition has the purpose of encouraging and highlighting exemplary student research on data curation, including, but not limited to, such topics as data management planning, supporting the data curation lifecycle, metadata, data confidentiality, preservation, and cost modeling.
- Awards: $1,000 for a single first-place award, $750 for a single second-place award.
- Entrants must be current PhD, master’s, or undergraduate students, or recent graduates who graduated on or after April 1, 2013. (Students who graduated before April 1, 2013, are not eligible.)
- Entrants may be from ICPSR member or nonmember institutions.
- Entrants may be from the US or outside the US.
- Deadline: All papers and corresponding entry forms must be received by midnight Pacific Time, May 30, 2014.
More information about this data curation research paper competition is available from the ICPSR website.